Acne is a skin condition that is characterised by blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, blocked pores and in serious cases cysts. It can be found on the face, neck, chest and back causing embarrassment and distress to the person suffering from this condition. Research now shows that early intervention in the treatment of acne reduces the longevity of the acne and reduces the risk of scarring, anxiety and depression.
Using a skincare range that includes ingredients that have been proven to reduce acne and rebuild the skin barrier are imperative.
Not only is skincare essential is promoting great skin health, there are some other easy steps you can follow to assist in acne reduction.
- Limit sugar intake
- change your pillowcase regularly
- try not to touch your face
- keep your skin clean and hydrated
- see your Nurse Practitioner or General Practitioner if your acne worsens.
- Do not over-treat your skin with treatments, or products that have been recommended by untrained influencers.